The NE-LTAP division of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln will administer erosion control and storm water training to help meet NPDES permit requirements for the Nebraska's Department of Roads and Phase II MS4 communities of Nebraska.
Available training consists of five separate courses which are crucial to the training and certification of people engaged in building and maintaining Nebraska's transportation system and commercial and residential construction at the state, county and community level. In addition, NDOR requires anyone inspecting or installing Erosion Control BMPs on state projects to be certified in this program.
Certifications are valid for a five year period (unless otherwise noted) starting upon successful completion of the course and exam.
Available courses are outlined below.
Certification: Phyllis Schwab
Online Courses: Megan Patent-Nygren
- One day, classroom setting.
- Certification course, must pass exam.
- Required for anyone needing to inspect/install/maintain erosion and sediment control BMPs on NDOR projects.
- Must pass this course and obtain your inspector ID # before taking any of the re-certification courses summarized below.
- Certification valid for five years.
- Six month temporary certification.
- May only be used one time.
- Anyone wishing to maintain a certification after the 6 month period elapses must enroll in the live one-day certification course above.
- This online course includes a series of presentations and quizzes that an applicant must successfully complete in order to print off their re-certification certificate. You can self-enroll, and there is no cost. You will need to create an account with a valid email address. Course Link: http://campus.extension.org/course/view.php?id=886.
- Enroll in the online re-certification course. This online course includes a series of presentations and quizzes that an applicant must successfully complete in order to print off their re-certification certificate. You can self-enroll, and there is no cost. You will need to create an account with a valid email address. Course Link: http://campus.extension.org/course/view.php?id=924.
- Note: Enrolling in one of the one-day “certification” courses can also renew your certification. You will not be required to take the exam. Note, registration in the one-day course is prioritized for new certifications. Recertifications are strongly encouraged to take the online course.
Basics for Designers - Currently under redevelopment
- Required for NDOR Designers to introduce to them the principles and practices of erosion control design on NDOR projects.
- Training only.
- Two day course
- Required for NDOR Designers to introduce them to Chapter 3 of the NDOR Drainage Design and Erosion Control Manual, titled “Stormwater Treatment within MS4 Communities.”
- Training only.
- One day course