LTAP administers the online flagger certification for the Nebraska's Department of Transportation (NDOT). Employers administering group flagger training should request authorization from NDOT through this form.
NDOT is committed to providing the traveling public with work zone traffic control that is clear, effective, and capable of affording safe passage through our construction areas. In keeping with that commitment, the NDOT, by specification, utilizes a program of flagger training and certification. It is the intent of this flagger training and certification program that all parties associated with the highway construction industry take on a positive attitude in regard to flagging. The importance of the flagger to the safety of construction workers and motorists alike cannot be overemphasized. The flagger must be COMPETENT, CAPABLE, and CONCERNED about the importance of his or her job. Failure to demonstrate these qualities can most certainly result in tragedy. The course includes two documents and a 47-minute video. Completion of the course requires you to successfully pass the quiz and to print a certificate.
Certifications are valid for two years.
Certification and Flagger Database: Phyllis Schwab
Online Course and Classroom Training: Megan Patent-Nygren
Taking the Course
- You can self-enroll, and there is no cost.
- The online module should not take more than two hours. It includes a video lasting less than one-hour, a twenty-five question exam and a questionnaire.
- Completion of the exam with a passing score of 80% or greater and completion of the questionnaire are required for certification. The software requires printing the certificate before course administrators are notified of course completion.
- The printed certificate will serve as your certification card. You can print the card at 25% resolution to be sized to fit in your wallet.
- You will need to create an account with a valid email address. If you do not have an email address, you can create a free email account at gmail.com
- New Course Enrollees: http://campus.extension.org/course/view.php?id=1325
- To access a certificate earned prior to March 26, 2018 or to complete a course in-progress before then, visit the 2017 Course